Art Walk England 2017
August 14-20, 2017 (6 nights) – Book these dates!
$2890 per person Art Walk England Vacation based on double room. Single supplement: $395. Program subject to change.
Experience our Art Walk England vacation with Artist/Teacher Laure Ferlita. Join our sketching workshop as we explore the lovely English countryside of Stratford-upon-Avon. While strolling past the world-famous homes of Shakespeare, nestled in the beautiful Cotswolds area of England, you’ll find inspiration in every direction. Laure will help you to capture the beauty and charm on the pages of your sketchbook. Meander down peaceful paths along the River Avon, sketch swans gliding by, chance upon a fallow deer quietly stepping through the woods or a shaggy sheep staring at you with an inquisitive look on its face. Art Walk England is a completely unique and very special way to take in the timeless England.
A visit to this charming town will provide you ample sketching opportunities at nearly every turn as you discover painted chapels, thatched cottages, delightful knot gardens, theaters and the occasional tavern. Laure will provide fun, impromptu, on-site instruction based on each day’s outings as well as general guidance on sketching, setting up your pages and how to make it fun. Most evenings are free or you may spend them with the group sharing and reviewing your day’s sketches and preparing your pages for the next day’s outing.
With a canal at its doorstep, our centrally-located hotel provides the perfect start for each day. Join us for our optional guided walks each morning as we ramble along the rivers, canals, and through rolling meadows. Free time can be spent exploring cobblestone alleys, local shops, pubs, restaurants, and all things Shakespeare. You’ll return home with a sketchbook filled with memories of an adventure like no other!
Art Walk England Includes:
- Six nights at our Stratford hotel
- Full buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome dinner
- Complete program of sketching classes with Laure in beautiful, on-site locations
- Orientation walk in Stratford
- A one day Hop On Hop Off bus pass for visiting all the sites
- Scenic boat trip along the canal
- An afternoon English Tea service
- Morning guided walks along the Avon River and Stratford’s canal
- Day trip to Blenheim Palace by private coach, entrance included
- Visit to the town of Woodstock
- Optional theatre evening at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre
- Farewell dinner
- Fully hosted and escorted
- All hotel taxes and service fees
- a few surprises here and there!