Art Walk Italy Rates & Dates
September 22-29, 2018 (7 nights)
$3350 based on double occupancy
$695 single supplement
Padua, Verona, Venice
Sep 29 – Oct 2, 2018 (3 nights)
$1095 based on double occupancy
$395 single supplement
Art Walk Italy Awaits!
Have you ever wanted to paint by the Mediterranean Sea? To practice sketching and watercolor with the sound of spoken Italian in your ears? To use a simple stroke with pen or brush to capture perfect moments spent with new friends in a beautiful destination? If so, Art Walk Italy is the vacation you’ve been looking for.
Art Walk Italy is a completely unique, small group vacation. Join artist/teacher Leslie Fehling for a weeklong art course and vacation in northern Italy learning watercolor and sketchbook journaling skills. Leslie’s program will be both structured, with daily teaching and examples, and free-form, with opportunity to draw and paint onsite. There is time with the group as well as on your own. Enjoy daily, easy strolls along coastal paths and through charming villages. You will visit the Italian Riviera and Lake Como and have an optional extension to Venice, Verona, and Padua. Together, illustrate landscapes, small details, and special moments, creating a personalized travel journal to look back on for years to come.
Discover the Italian Riviera
Perfect for those who have already visited Italy’s major sights, or who are looking for something a little different, Art Walk Italy offers balance and variety in its destinations and at a leisurely pace. After an arrival night in Milan and an opportunity to see its famous Duomo, we will travel by train to the coastal Italian Riviera. We are based for three nights in the charming harbor town of Rapallo. From Rapallo, a beautiful coastal walk brings us to the resort town of Portofino on one day. The next, we will travel to the remote fishing villages of the Cinque Terre by train and by foot.
Cruise Luxurious Lake Como
The next Art Walk Italy stop is Lake Como. Via train and a short ferry ride we arrive to the posh village of Bellagio, referred to as the “Pearl of the Lake”. At our handsome lakefront hotel we will enjoy a welcome aperitivo on the terrace. Bellagio’s beautifully restored, centuries-old buildings and array of artisanal shops deserve a day to explore all on their own. The remainder of our time may be spent exploring Lake Como and nearby towns by ferry. Stopping here and there to stroll the promenade, you will have an optional visit to the stately Villa del Balbianello (as seen in the James Bond film Casino Royale), and perhaps indulge in a tasty gelato.
Stay for the Veneto Extension
Is a week just not enough? We’ve got you covered. Join us for a 3-night guided extension to the Veneto region. We will travel by rail from Lake Como to Padua to check in to our welcoming, family run hotel. The oldest city in northern Italy, Padua is an ancient town with winding, arcaded streets opening into large communal piazze. It is situated perfectly with Verona to the west and Venice to the east. By rail we will visit magical Verona, the setting for Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. The next day we travel the short 25 miles to Venice for a day to wander its picturesque streets and tranquil canals.
What’s included, Art Walk Italy – Italian Riviera and Lake Como
- A complete program of sketching and watercolor classes with Leslie Fehling
- Fully escorted and hosted
- Full buffet breakfast daily
- All hotel taxes, fees and service charges
- One night at our 4-star hotel near Milano Centrale train station
- Escorted transfer door to door to our hotel in Rapallo
- Train pass from Milan to Rapallo
- Three nights at our 4-star waterfront family-owned hotel in Rapallo
- Welcome dinner
- Morning seaside walk in Rapallo
- Stunning guided coastal walk from Rapallo to Portofino
- Return from Portofino back to Rapallo by bus or coastal boat
- Round-trip train from Rapallo to Cinque Terre to visit the towns
- Optional self-guided hikes between Cinque Terre famous seaside towns
- Train transportation Rapallo to Varenna on Lake Como
- Ferry from Varenna to Bellagio
- Three nights in our favorite central waterfront hotel
- Welcome wine tasting & aperitivo
- Orientation walk in Bellagio
- An all day mid-lake ferry pass
- Visit to Lenno, with a guided seaside walk
- Optional visit to Villa del Balbianello
What’s included in Art Walk Italy Veneto extension
- 3 nights at our 4-star, centrally located hotel in Padua
- Fully hosted and escorted
- Guided orientation walks
- Ferry from Bellagio to Varenna
- Train from Varenna to Padua
- Lunch in Padua
- Train from Padua to Verona roundtrip
- Train from Padua to Venice roundtrip
- Water taxi from train station to Piazza San Marco roundtrip
- Farewell Dinner
Where in the World…?