CHALK WALK Greece with Tracy Lee Stum
Athens – Amorgos – Naxos – Santorini
September 3-15 – Book these dates!
$3990 per person (12 nights) based on double occupancy, land only. Single supplement: $695. Program subject to change. 12 guest maximum.
Explore the Greek Islands With Us!
You’ve been to the festivals. You’ve seen the pictures. Now be a part of the street art tradition on this completely unique Chalk Walk Greece art vacation course.
Join Tracy Lee Stum for an incomparable 12 nights of chalk painting and island hopping. See yourself traveling with a small, friendly group of no more than 12 fellow artists. You’ll see sleepy harbors and ancient village avenues, exploring the less traveled, authentic side of these mythic isles. Combine that with a full series of on site classes with Tracy Stum and Sharyn Chan, collectively known at Team 3-D, that will give you hands on experience in the art of chalk painting. Chalk Walk Greece is an art vacation that will bring inspiration as well as relaxation. Enjoy the perfect balance of adventure and amenities. Discover new places, cultivate new skills, relax in our select hotels. All levels are welcome and supported. You can find out more on our blog post also.
Our Chalk Walk Greece vacation is a perfect blend of the famous, and the undiscovered. See yourself drawing among the winding, stucco avenues or atop a white roof top surrounded by blue sea and sky. The Blue Walk invites you to join us on our inclusive art course and vacation package. We convene in Athens to experience this vibrant city with an ancient history. Then unwind for six nights in Amorgos, an unspoiled island gem. (Amorgos is covered with view-filled hiking trails, un-crowded little towns, and sun-bathed beaches. Discover it with us before everyone else does!) Next, we have two nights to explore Naxos’ charming old town, picturesque ruins, and sprawling, white-sand beaches. Finally, conclude your vacation with 3 nights on iconic Santorini wandering the clifftop villages and world-class vistas.
Your Chalk Walk Greece Art Vacation
- Full Chalk Art Vacation Program by Tracy Lee Stum and Team 3-D
- Itineraries exclusive to The Blue Walk
- Friendly and fun small-group tours
- Carefully selected, great hotels
- All ferries between the islands
- Transfer to and from all ferries
- Hearty buffet breakfasts daily
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Optional guided morning walks
- Full range of tours and activities
- Fully escorted and hosted throughout
- All hotel taxes and service fees included
- Suitable for all fitness levels – morning guided walks are included, but optional
Athens (1 night):
- One night at our wonderful 4-star hotel near Syntagma Square, in the heart of the city
- Orientation walk through Athens’ famous Plaka and Monastiraki areas
- Morning guided walk through the National Gardens
- Visit the Changing of the Guards
- Transfers from hotel to Piraeus for ferry
Amorgos (6 nights)
- 6 nights at our 5-star spa hotel, all rooms with private balconies, sea views
- Incredibly peaceful, relaxing island
- Welcome dinner
- Family-owned hotel and restaurant features organic produce from their gardens
- Full program of beautiful island touring including transportation
- Greek music and dancing night
- Morning seaside guided walks
- Optional hiking on Amorgos’ extensive network of marked hiking trails
- Visit to the Cliffside Monastery
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full range of spa facilities included
Naxos (2 nights):
- Two nights at our beautiful hotel by St. George Beach
- Morning coastal walks
- Visit Apollo’s Gate
- Optional distillery tour
- Roundtrip transfers hotel – ferry
Santorini (3 nights):
- Three nights at our favorite central hotel in Santorini
- Orientation and daily walks to discover the island’s hidden gems and spectacular views
- Bus trip to Akrotiri and winery tour
- Waterfront farewell dinner
- Optional caldera sailing tour
- Arrival and departure transfers
What to expect on Chalk Walk Greece
We begin with a day at our favorite Athens hotel with a meet and greet and chalk art vacation overview. As the sun sets we’ll head out for an orientation walk around the Plaka and Monastiraki Square to explore this historic area. If you’d like, join us at The Loom for a taste of locally fermented mastika and to learn the rich history of Greek textiles. The next day, there’s time to visit the Acropolis and the new Acropolis museum. We’ll see the changing of the guards before our transfer to Amorgos by ferry.
Upon arrival to Amorgos, our rooms await us at our beautiful resort and spa hotel, each room with a private balcony overlooking the Aegean Sea. Amorgos is an undiscovered gem with peaceful little towns spilling down the mountains, and an 11th century monastery built into the side of a cliff. It has 2,000 residents, 370 churches and 25,000 goats. Our chalk art classes will take place at locations around the island as well as our 5-star hotel with settings such as a sleepy harbor promenade or a white rooftop overlooking the Aegean below. We’ll have simple morning walks which are always optional. Tours of the island include the monastery, and an herbal distillery where essential oils and other products are made from the island’s natural flora.
You can wander the quaint towns, walk to the beaches, or make use of the nearby dive center with kayak, snorkel and scuba options. Better yet, simply relax at the hotel, enjoying their complimentary salt-water pools, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and gym, or treat yourself to the full range of spa services. There is plenty of opportunity to practice your art as well as relax and explore on Chalk Walk Greece. Make this time your own.
After Amorgos, we travel to the island of Naxos for two nights at our lovely hotel by the beach. Wandering winding alleyways and cobbled streets, we’ll visit the Temple of Apollo and pass Venetian palaces finding surprising locations for chalk art inspiration. You’ll have time for an optional visit to Halki, the ancient capital of the island. There you’ll find traditional crafts, shops, artist galleries and the Vallindra Kitron distillery (the other kind of distillery!). From Naxos, we ferry to the spiraling heights of Santorini.
If your vision of Greece includes whitewashed buildings adorned with graceful blue domes, nestled atop sheer cliffs, and overlooking the bluest blue of the Aegean – you have dreamed of Santorini. Our art vacation wouldn’t be complete without a visit to this iconic island. Famous for remarkable views, sunsets over its flooded caldera, and world class restaurants and galleries, you will be inspired to capture details large and small with your artist’s sketchbook and chalked art. On our walks we will explore the cities of Fira and Imerovigli. For the ambitious, we’ll traverse the island’s ridge to the charming village of Oia.
Optional activities include visiting a winery to sample Spectacular local wines while learning about the unique methods of cultivation on this arid island, or tour the fascinating Minoan site of Akrotiri, an ancient city frozen in time by one of the largest volcanic eruptions in history and one of the most important archaeological sites in Greece. Another popular choice is cruising through the caldera by sea for a tour of the islands far-flung highlights before returning to shore.
*** Please note, our chalk art vacation begins in Athens on September 3th and ends in Santorini September 15th where you may book additional nights, catch a ferry onward to other islands, or a quick flight back to Athens to meet your flight home. (Onward travel is not included.)
Where in the World?
The Chalk Walk Greece art vacation in begins in Athens and spends most of our time island hopping through the Cyclades. The Cyclades is a group of Greek islands, southeast of the mainland in the Aegean Sea. The islands are known for their beaches, ancient sites, rugged landscapes and traditional blue-and-white stucco towns overlooking the sea.