Blue Walk Greece
Athens – Amorgos – Naxos – Mykonos
May 2 – 14, 2017 Book these dates!
$2645 per person (12 nights)
Based on double occupancy, land only, 12 guest maximum.
Single supplement: $695
Program subject to change
Explore the Greek Islands With Us!
A perfect blend of the famous, and the undiscovered – The Blue Walk Greece invites you to experience timeless Athens plus a unique selection of Greek Islands. Join us one night in the city of Athena for its vibrant city and history; three nights in Mykonos for its white-washed town, beaches, shopping and nightlife; two nights in Naxos for it’s beautiful harbor and castle; and unwind for 6 nights in Amorgos, an unspoiled gem, and enjoy this simple, authentic island.
Did you know that the remote Island of Amorgos is covered with hiking trails, un-crowded little towns, beaches, and a monastery built into the side of a hill? Discover it with us before everyone else does!
Blue Walk Greece Highlights
- Friendly and fun small-group tours
- Itineraries exclusive to Blue Walk Greece
- Carefully selected great hotels
- All ferries between the islands
- Transfer to and from all ferries
- Hearty buffet breakfasts daily
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Optional guided morning walks
- Full range of tours and activities
- Fully escorted and hosted throughout
- All hotel taxes and service fees included
- Suitable for all fitness levels – morning guided walks are included, but optional
ATHENS (1 night):
- One night at our wonderful 4-star hotel near Syntagma Square, in the heart of the city
- Orientation walk through Athens’ famous Plaka and Monastiraki areas
- Morning guided walk through the National Gardens
- Visit the Changing of the Guards
- Transfers from hotel to Piraeus for ferry
AMORGOS (6 nights)
- 6 nights at our 5-star spa hotel, all rooms with private balconies, sea views
- Incredibly peaceful, relaxing island
- Welcome dinner
- Family-owned hotel and restaurant features organic produce from their gardens
- Full program of beautiful island touring including transportation
- Greek music and dancing night
- Morning seaside guided walks
- Optional hiking on Amorgos’ extensive network of marked hiking trails
- Visit to the Cliffside Monastery
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full range of spa facilities included
NAXOS (2 nights):
- Two nights at our beautiful hotel by St. George Beach
- Morning coastal walks
- Visit to the Venetian Castle
- Visit the Gate of the Temple of Apollo
- Optional distillery tour
- Roundtrip transfers hotel – ferry
MYKONOS (3 nights):
- Three nights at our favorite seaside hotel with fantastic windmill, sunset views
- Orientation walk visiting Little Venice, Windmills, the Harbor, and Paraportiani
- Bus trip to Plati Gialos beach area and guided walk to Paranga
- Farewell dinner
- Optional visit to Delos Island
- Arrival and departure transfers
What to expect
Blue Walk Greece begins in Athens with walk through the famous Plaka and Monastiraki areas, and free time to visit the Acropolis and explore this historic, exciting city. The next day, join us for a morning guided walk, see the changing of the guards, and transfer to Piraeus for our first ferry.
Upon arrival in Amorgos, we’re transferred to our lovely 5-star resort hotel and spa for six nights of luxurious relaxation. Your room, with private balcony overlooking the Aegean Sea and harbor, awaits. Amorgos is a lesser-developed island with beautiful little towns spilling down the mountains, and an 11th century monastery. Resort amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and fitness center (all complimentary). Or treat yourself to the full range of extraordinary services and treatments.
Join us for simple morning walks and daily touring of Amorgos highlights including Chora, Katapola, Lagada, Tholaria and Aegiali. Afternoons are free to wander the towns, swim or lie out at the beach, relax with a cool drink on the terrace, and/or enjoy the hotels’ full range of spa services. For those who like to hike, Amorgos is the hiking island of Greece, criss-crossed with marked trails. We can provide maps for self-guided hikes, or you can hire the hotel’s local hiking guide to escort you.
From Amorgos, we catch a ferry to Naxos for two nights at our beautiful hotel by the beach. Naxos has a well developed local community with a lively harbor and less touristic than many other “discovered” destinations. We’ll enjoy morning coastal walks, visit the Venetian Castle, and have time to wander it’s old town and harbor filled with shops and restaurants.
Departing Naxos, we ferry to the sparkling white-washed island of Mykonos for three nights at our seaside hotel. Famous for its harbor, labyrinth of winding streets, restaurants, shopping, beaches, and nightlife, Mykonos provides a diverse array of engaging attractions. We’ll visit Little Venice, the windmills, Paraportiani, and beaches.
Our program begins at our Athens hotel and ends in Mykonos. From any island, we can arrange a ferry (or flight from Mykonos) back to Athens, or you can continue on to other islands to extend your vacation (onward travel not included.)
Where in the World?
Blue Walk Greece begins in Athens and spends most of our time island hopping through the Cyclades. The Cyclades is a group of Greek islands, southeast of the mainland in the Aegean Sea. It centers on uninhabited Delos, (which is an optional activity from Mykonos Island) considered the birthplace of Apollo, and home to some of Greece’s most important archaeological ruins. The islands are known for their beaches, ancient sites, rugged landscapes and traditional blue-and-white stucco towns overlooking the sea.