Rapallo – Cinque Terre – Portofino – Bellagio – Lake Como
April 10-16, 2017 (6 nights) Book these dates!
$1745 per person
Based on double occupancy, land only
Single supplement: $350
Program subject to change
Experience Italy’s less visited gems!
This vacation is an idyllic combination for those who have seen the big cities of Italy, and/or want to do something a bit unique and very special.
We begin in Rapallo on the lovely Italian Riviera, a perfect base to explore the five coastal villages of Cinque Terre in one direction and gorgeous Portofino in the other, with guided or self-guided coastal walks and wanders.
From Rapallo we travel by train and ferry to Bellagio, called “The Pearl of the Lake”, perched on the shores of pristine Lake Como. We’ve planned a guided orientation walk in Bellagio, a visit and morning coastal walk in Menaggio, a wine tasting evening, and a day pass on the ferry system to leisurely meander back and forth from shore to shore. Optional activities include a visit to Villa Carlotta and an Italian cooking class.
Join us for a fun, relaxing, and delicious week in beautiful Italy!
What to expect
What’s included in Rapallo:
- Three nights at our 4-star waterfront family-owned hotel in Rapallo
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome dinner
- Morning seaside walk in Rapallo
- Stunning guided coastal walk from Rapallo to Portofino
- Return from Portofino back to Rapallo by bus or coastal boat
- Round-trip train from Rapallo to Cinque Terre to visit the towns
- Optional self-guided hikes between its famous seaside towns
- All hotel taxes and service fees.
What’s included in Bellagio:
- Train transportation Rapallo to Varenna on Lake Como
- Ferry from Varenna to Bellagio
- Three nights in our favorite central waterfront hotel
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome wine tasting & aperitif
- Orientation walk in Bellagio
- An all day mid-lake ferry pass
- Visit to Menaggio, with a guided seaside walk
- Optional cooking class and/or optional visit to Villa Carlotta
- Assistance of your host / guide throughout the program
- All hotel taxes and service fees
Additional nights are available in Rapallo before the tour.
Airfare is not included, and all programs are subject to change.
Where in the World Are We Going?
The Italian Riviera, synonymous with Italy’s Liguria region, is a crescent-shaped strip of Mediterranean coastline between the south of France and Tuscany. Its eastern half, the Riviera di Levante, is defined by its rugged cliffs, turquoise coves and pastel seaside towns, including the Cinque Terre fishing villages, and it’s stylish resort areas including Portofino. Lake Como, in Northern Italy’s Lombardy region, is an upscale resort area known for its deep-blue waters set against the rugged, forested foothills of the Alps and coastlines dotted with colorful Mediterranean Villas.