Blue Walk Italy 2017
Rapallo – Cinque Terre – Portofino – Bellagio – Lake Como
October 16-22 (6 nights) Contact for details
$1745 per person
Based on double occupancy, land only. Maximum 12 guests.
Single supplement: $350
Program subject to change
Milan Arrival Option: October 15-16 (1 night, inquire for details.)
Experience Italy’s less visited gems!
Find an authentic Italy of today steeped in rich beauty and a colorful past. Our Blue Walk Italy vacation is an idyllic combination for those who have seen the big cities of Italy or want to do something unique and very special.
We begin in Rapallo on the lovely Italian Riviera. A charming harbor town with a sunny promenade and historic city center. Our 4-star hotel is perfectly situated in the center of it all. Lovely all on it’s own, Rapallo is the perfect base to explore the five coastal villages of Cinque Terre in one direction and gorgeous Portofino in the other. The options for sightseeing are plentiful and we offer guided as well as additional self-guided coastal walks and wanders.
From Rapallo we travel by train and ferry to Bellagio, called “The Pearl of the Lake”, perched on the shores of pristine Lake Como. We’ve planned a guided orientation walk in Bellagio, a visit and morning coastal walk in Menaggio, a wine tasting evening, and a day pass on the ferry system to leisurely meander back and forth from shore to shore. Optional activities include a visit to Villa Carlotta and an Italian cooking class.
Join us for a fun, relaxing, and delicious week in beautiful Italy!
Blue Walk Italy: What to expect
What’s included in Rapallo:
- Three nights at our 4-star waterfront family-owned hotel in Rapallo
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome dinner
- Morning seaside walk in Rapallo
- Stunning guided coastal walk from Rapallo to Portofino
- Return from Portofino back to Rapallo by bus or coastal boat
- Round-trip train from Rapallo to Cinque Terre to visit the towns
- Optional self-guided hikes between its famous seaside towns
- All hotel taxes and service fees.
What’s included in Bellagio:
- Train transportation Rapallo to Varenna on Lake Como
- Ferry from Varenna to Bellagio
- Three nights in our favorite central waterfront hotel
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome wine tasting & aperitif
- Orientation walk in Bellagio
- An all day mid-lake ferry pass
- Visit to Menaggio, with a guided seaside walk
- Optional cooking class and/or optional visit to Villa Carlotta
- Assistance of your host / guide throughout the program
- All hotel taxes and service fees
Additional nights are available in Rapallo before the tour and Bellagio after.
Airfare is not included, and all programs are subject to change.
Where in the World?
The Italian Riviera, synonymous with Italy’s Liguria region, is a crescent-shaped strip of Mediterranean coastline between the south of France and Tuscany. Its eastern half, the Riviera di Levante, is defined by its rugged cliffs, turquoise coves and pastel seaside towns, including the Cinque Terre fishing villages, and it’s stylish resort areas including Portofino. Lake Como, in Northern Italy’s Lombardy region, is an upscale resort area known for its deep-blue waters set against the rugged, forested foothills of the Alps and coastlines dotted with colorful Mediterranean Villas.