2018 Rates & Dates
April 15 – April 21: $1995 per person. Based on double occupancy, land only. Single Supplement: $345 **SOLD OUT**
April 22 – April 28: $1995 per person. Based on double occupancy, land only. Single Supplement: $345 **2 Spaces Left**
September 16 – September 22: $2195 per person. Based on double occupancy, land only. Single Supplement: $495
Maximum 12 guests
Program subject to change.
Milan Arrival Option
Arrival option prior to each Blue Walk Italy*
$345 per person. Based on double occupancy, land only. Single Supplement: $105
April 21-22, 2018
September 15-16, 2018
*some restrictions may apply
Padua, Verona, Venice
3 night extension following each Blue Walk Italy
April 28 – 31, 2018
September 22 – 25, 2018
$1095 based on double occupancy
$395 single supplement
Ask about Blue Walk Italy
Blue Walk Italy Walking Tour Vacation
Rapallo – Cinque Terre – Portofino – Bellagio – Lenno – Lake Como
Experience Italy’s less visited gems!
Find an authentic Italy of today steeped in rich beauty and a colorful past. Our Blue Walk Italy walking tour vacation is an idyllic combination for those who have seen the big cities of Italy or want to do something unique and very special.
For those who chose our arrival option – a great opportunity to get over jet-lag and give a buffer to any travel mishaps, you will begin at our 4-star hotel located conveniently near the Milano Centrale train station. If you are feeling energetic this is a great time to visit Milan’s famous Duomo and the nearby Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.
Discover the Italian Riviera
We begin in Rapallo on the lovely Italian Riviera, a charming harbor town with a sunny promenade, sea views, and historic city center. Our Italy walking tour’s first hotel is a family-owned 4-star perfectly situated in the center of it all. Lovely all on it’s own, Rapallo is the perfect base to explore the five coastal villages of Cinque Terre in one direction and gorgeous Portofino in the other. The options for sightseeing are plentiful, and we offer guided as well as additional self-guided coastal walks and wanders.
Cruise Luxurious Lake Como
The next Blue Walk Italy stop is Lake Como. Via train and a short ferry ride we arrive to the posh village of Bellagio, referred to as the “Pearl of the Lake”, or the laid-back village of Lenno. Both offer tranquil lake views surrounded by the wooded, towering pre-Alps. At our handsome lakefront hotel we will enjoy a welcome aperitivo on the terrace. Bellagio’s beautifully restored, centuries-old buildings and array of artisan shops deserve a day to explore all on their own. The remainder of our time may be spent exploring Lake Como and nearby towns by ferry. Stopping here and there to stroll the promenade, you will have time to visit to the stately Villa del Balbianello (as seen in the James Bond film Casino Royale), picturesque Villa Carlotta, and perhaps indulge in a tasty gelato. Optional lakeside walks allow you to discover ancient lake-side paths, or, if you’d prefer to raise your elevation, professional mountain guides may be hired to lead the way.
Stay for the Veneto Extension*
Padua, Verona, Venice
Is a week just not enough? We’ve got you covered. Join us for a 3-night guided extension to the Veneto region. We will travel by rail from Lake Como to Padua to check into our welcoming, family run hotel in the beautiful historic center. The oldest city in northern Italy, Padua is an ancient town with winding, arcaded streets opening into large communal piazze. It is situated perfectly with Verona to the west and Venice to the east. By rail we will visit magical Verona, the setting for Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. The next day we travel the short 25 miles to Venice for a day to wander its picturesque streets and tranquil canals. (*Some exclusions may apply. Please inquire for additional information.)
Join us for a fun, relaxing, and delicious week in beautiful Italy!
Blue Walk Italy Walking Tour: What to expect
What’s included in Milan:
- One night at our 4-star hotel near Milano Centrale train station
- Escorted transfer door to door to our hotel in Rapallo
- Train pass from Milan to Rapallo
What’s included in Rapallo:
- Three nights at our 4-star waterfront family-owned hotel in Rapallo
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome dinner
- Morning seaside walk in Rapallo
- Stunning guided coastal walk from Rapallo to Portofino
- Return from Portofino back to Rapallo by bus or coastal boat
- Round-trip train from Rapallo to Cinque Terre to visit the towns
- Optional self-guided hikes between its famous seaside towns
- All hotel taxes and service fees.
What’s included in Lake Como:
- Train transportation from Rapallo to Lake Como
- Three nights in our favorite central lakefront hotel in Bellagio or Lenno
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome wine tasting & aperitif
- Orientation walk to get to know your neighborhood
- An all day mid-lake ferry pass
- Visit to Menaggio, with a guided seaside walk
- Optional cooking class
- Optional visit to Villa Carlotta and/or Villa del Balbianello
- Assistance of your host / guide throughout the program
- All hotel taxes and service fees
What’s included in Blue Walk Italy Veneto extension?
- 3 nights at our 4-star, centrally located hotel in Padua’s historic center
- Fully hosted and escorted
- Guided orientation walks
- Ferry from Bellagio to Varenna
- Train from Varenna to Padua
- Lunch in Padua
- Train from Padua to Verona roundtrip
- Train from Padua to Venice roundtrip
- Water taxi from train station to Piazza San Marco roundtrip
- Farewell Dinner
Airfare is not included, and all programs are subject to change.
Where in the World?
The Italian Riviera, synonymous with Italy’s Liguria region, is a crescent-shaped strip of Mediterranean coastline between the south of France and Tuscany. Its eastern half, the Riviera di Levante, is defined by its rugged cliffs, turquoise coves and pastel seaside towns, including the Cinque Terre fishing villages, and it’s stylish resort areas including Portofino. Lake Como, in Northern Italy’s Lombardy region, is an upscale resort area known for its deep-blue waters set against the rugged, forested foothills of the Alps and coastlines dotted with colorful Mediterranean Villas. Both are ideal locations for your Italy walking tour vacation.