Rates and Dates
Art Walk Greece Rates & Dates
April 21 – May 3, 2020 (12 nights)
$3990 per person
Single Supplement: $795
ArtWalk Greece with Prash Contact
Paint the Greek Islands With Us in April 2020!
Join Prashant Miranda‘s sketchbook journal workshop in Greece and learn how to capture the essence of travel through your art. Travel lightly with pens, a small palette, and a sketchbook journal as your tools. Be inspired by the beautiful places we visit. Always joyful and happy to share his infectious smile, Prash’s students can expect to have fun and laugh – a lot. The process of observation and creation will be kept light and easy. Artists of all levels are welcome and encouraged to find their ease on this leisurely paced, small-group vacation.
Imagine visiting the world-famous Greek Islands with an insider-guide leading the way. And not from the distance of a cruise ship or passenger bus, but at eye level and with a small group of friends. Prash Miranda’s sketchbook journal workshop in Greece will be spontaneous and inspired by each day’s adventure. With an organic approach, the program revolves around pen and ink and watercolors. More representative than realistic, your sketchbook journal will express the time and space of your journey – a celebration of that moment in time.
Become immersed in the sensory experience of travel. A journey where we wander and wonder through the islands. Feel the wind, water and sun. Taste the spices. Dance to the music. Share a laugh with our Greek hosts, and know you are welcome.
For 12 nights, your sketchbook journal workshop in Greece will visit island-hop through the Aegean. Visit Athens for its history, Naxos for its wide beaches and charming harbor, Santorini for its cliff-topped villages above the Aegean, copious shopping, and iconic views; and come to Amorgos, an undiscovered gem, to enjoy this simple, lost-to-time island. Painting in the shadow of the Acropolis, sketching one of the hundreds of little churches that dot the islands, capturing the winding, white-washed streets. …. there are so many beautiful opportunities to see, paint, and experience on our ArtWalk Greece program!
ArtWalk Sketchbook Journal Workshop in Greece: What to Expect
ArtWalk Greece begins with a night at our favorite Athens hotel, and an orientation walk around the Plaka and Monastiraki areas to explore this historic and vibrant city. There’s time to visit the Acropolis and/or the new Acropolis museum. The next morning, our sketchbook travel journal workshop in Greece will see the changing of the guards before our transfer to the ferry to Amorgos. Upon arrival, our rooms await us at our beautiful resort and spa hotel. Each room features a private balcony overlooking the Aegean Sea.
Amorgos is an undiscovered gem with peaceful little towns spilling down the mountains, an 11th century monastery built into the side of a cliff and has 2,000 residents, 370 churches and 25,000 goats. Join us for art classes on the hotel’s terrace overlooking the sea. We’ll have simple morning walks, and tours of the island including the monastery and an herbal distillery that makes essential oils – one of the island’s main exports. You can wander the quaint towns, walk to the beaches, and/or relax at the hotel, enjoying their complimentary salt-water pools, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and gym. Or, treat yourself to the full range of spa services.
After Amorgos, we travel to the island of Naxos for two nights at our lovely hotel by the beach. We’ll tour the historic center, visit the Temple of Apollo, and visit the village of Chora surrounded by ancient olive groves in the center of the island. Naxos has a lovely harbor and vibrant local scene. Its historic center is filled with artisans and charming shops. The beaches offer many options also including kayaking, sunbathing, and horseback rides.
From Naxos, we ferry to the sparkling island of Santorini. If your vision of Greece includes whitewashed buildings adorned with graceful blue domes, nestled atop sheer cliffs, and overlooking the bluest blue of the Aegean – you have dreamed of Santorini. Famous for remarkable views, sunsets over its flooded caldera, and world class restaurants and galleries, Santorini has a unique and stunning beauty.
*** Please note, our tour begins in Athens on April 21 and ends in Santorini May 3rd where you can either catch a ferry onward to other islands, or a quick flight back to Athens to meet your flight home. (Onward travel is not included.)
What’s Included on your sketchbook journal workshop in Greece
- Full schedule of art classes with Prashant Miranda set in beautiful locations
- Full range of island tours and activities
- Carefully selected, wonderful hotels
- Hearty buffet breakfasts daily
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ferries between the islands
- Transfers to and from all ferries
- Friendly and fun small-groups tours
- Itineraries exclusive to The Art Walk
- Optional guided morning walks
- Fully escorted and hosted throughout
- All hotel taxes and service fees included
- Suitable for all fitness levels – walks are included, but optional
- A night at our friendly 4-star hotel in Syntagma Square, the heart of the city
- Orientation walk through Athens’ famous Plaka and Monastiraki areas
- Morning walk to the Acropolis
- View the changing of the guards
- Transfers from hotel to Piraeus for ferry
- A welcome aperitivo
- Six nights at our gorgeous Spa hotel, all rooms with private balconies, sea views
- Incredibly peaceful, relaxing island
- Family-owned hotel restaurant features organic produce from their gardens.
- Full program of island touring including transportation
- Welcome dinner
- Lunch and family run tavern featuring local specialties
- Greek music and dancing night
- Morning seaside guided walks
- Optional hiking on Amorgos’ extensive network of marked hiking trails
- Visit to the cliffside monastery
- Visit to herbal distillery
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full range of spa amenities included
- Optional cooking class
- Two nights at our beautiful hotel by St. George Beach
- Morning coastal walks
- Orientation tour and visit to the historic center
- Visit to the Apollo’s Arch
- Optional distillery tour
- Optional horseback riding on the beach
- Roundtrip transfers hotel – ferry
- Three nights at our favorite central hotel in Santorini
- Arrival lunch of local street food
- Orientation walk visiting Fira and ending watching sunset over the caldera
- Bus trip to Akrotiri, the “Pompeii of Greece”
- Farewell dinner at traditional, family-owned restaurant
- Optional caldera hike from Fira to Oia
- Optional caldera cruise
- Arrival and departure transfers
ArtWalk Greece: Where In The World?
ArtWalk Greece begins in Athens and spends most of our time island hopping through the Cyclades. The Cyclades is a group of Greek islands, southeast of the mainland in the Aegean Sea. A perfect place for sketchbook journal workshop in Greece, the islands are known for their beaches, ancient sites, rugged landscapes and traditional blue-and-white stucco towns overlooking the sea.