Rates & Dates
Art Walk Greece Rates & Dates
October 6-18, 2020
$3990 per person based on double occupancy
Single Supplement: $795
Paint the Greek Islands With Us in October 2020!
Join Lapin‘s sketchbook travel journal workshop in Greece for an unforgettable art program and travel experience. For 12 nights, visit Athens for its history, Naxos for its pretty beach and rural countryside, Santorini for its clifftop villages and caldera view, and come to Amorgos, an undiscovered gem, to enjoy this simple, lost-to-time island.
Imagine visiting the world-famous Greek Islands, and with a small, friendly group. Then add Lapin’s popular art program of on-site sketching and watercolor classes to this picture-perfect scene. Painting in the shadow of the Acropolis, sketching one of the hundreds of little churches that dot the islands, capturing the windy white-washed streets.
On our sketchbook travel journal workshop in Greece, Lapin will invite you to represent a panoramic scene, telling the particular mood of the place. Instead of looking only at the architecture, the sketchers’ aim will be to represent a 180º view – fitting the people, the street activity and listening to what is happening : capturing the moment! With some simple tips and a one on one quality teaching, you will become an expert of urban sketching in the most outstanding destination. All skill levels are welcome and supported! There are so many beautiful opportunities to see, paint, and experience on our Greek Island program.
ArtWalk Sketchbook Travel Journal Workshop in Greece: What to Expect
ArtWalk Greece begins with a night at our favorite Athens hotel, and an orientation walk around the Plaka and Monastiraki areas to explore this historic and vibrant city. There’s time to visit the Acropolis and/or the new Acropolis museum. The next morning, our sketchbook travel journal workshop in Greece see the changing of the guards before our transfer to the ferry to Amorgos. Upon arrival, our rooms await us at our beautiful resort and spa hotel. Each room features a private balcony overlooking the Aegean Sea.
Amorgos is an undiscovered gem with peaceful little towns spilling down the mountains, an 11th century monastery built into the side of a cliff and has 2,000 residents, 370 churches and 25,000 goats. Join us for art classes on the hotel’s terrace overlooking the sea. We’ll have simple morning walks, and tours of the island including the monastery and an herbal distillery that makes essential oils – one of the island’s main exports. You can wander the quaint towns, walk to the beaches, and/or relax at the hotel, enjoying their complimentary salt-water pools, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and gym. Or, treat yourself to the full range of spa services.
After Amorgos, we travel to the island of Naxos for two nights at our lovely hotel by the beach. We’ll tour the historic center, visit the Temple of Apollo, and visit the village of Chora surrounded by ancient olive groves in the center of the island. Naxos has a lovely harbor and vibrant local scene. Its historic center is filled with artisans and charming shops. The beaches offer many options also including kayaking, sunbathing, and horseback rides.
From Naxos, we ferry to the sparkling island of Santorini. If your vision of Greece includes whitewashed buildings adorned with graceful blue domes, nestled atop sheer cliffs, and overlooking the bluest blue of the Aegean – you have dreamed of Santorini. Famous for remarkable views, sunsets over its flooded caldera, and world class restaurants and galleries, Santorini has a unique and stunning beauty.
*** Please note, our tour begins in Athens on Oct 6th and ends in Santorini Oct 18th where you can either catch a ferry onward to other islands, or a quick flight back to Athens to meet your flight home. (Onward travel is not included.)
ArtWalk Sketchbook Travel Journal Workshop in Greece: What’s Included
- On site art program by Lapin
- One night Athens, 4* central hotel
- Six nights Amorgos, 5* Resort & Spa
- Two nights Naxos, 3* Beach Resort Hotel
- Three nights Santorini, 4* central hotel
- Daily Buffet Breakfast
- Welcome cocktail
- Welcome, multi-course dinner in Amorgos
- 2 lunches on Amorgos
- Lunch Santorini arrival day
- Farewell dinner in Santorini
- Ferries from Athens to Amorgos, from Amorgos to Naxos, and from Naxos to Santorini
- All transfers between hotels and ferries
- Transfers related to each day’s activity
- Touring included at each location
- Services of your host / guide throughout the program
- All hotel taxes and service fees
- Suitable for all fitness levels – walks are included, but optional
- Orientation Walk around the Monastiraki and Plaka Marketplace areas
- Viewing of the changing of the guards
- Morning guided walk to the Acropolis
- Free time to visit the Acropolis and its museum
- Option: Ferry cabin upgrade
- Option: Guided Acropolis tour
- Six nights at our gorgeous Spa hotel, all rooms with private balconies, sea views
- Incredibly peaceful, relaxing island
- Welcome dinner
- Family-owned hotel restaurant features organic produce from their gardens.
- Full program of island touring including transportation
- Greek music and dancing night
- Morning seaside guided walks
- Optional hiking on Amorgos’ extensive network of marked hiking trails
- Visit to the cliff-side monastery
- Visit to herbal distillery
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full range of spa amenities included
- Optional cooking class
- Two nights at our beautiful hotel by St. George Beach
- Morning coastal walks
- Orientation tour and visit to the centro historico
- Visit to the Temple of Apollo
- Optional distillery tour
- Optional horseback riding on the beach
- Roundtrip transfers hotel – ferry
- Three nights at our favorite central hotel in Santorini
- Orientation walk visiting Fira and ending watching sunset over the caldera
- Bus trip to Akrotiri, the “Pompeii of Greece”
- Farewell dinner at traditional, family-owned restaurant
- Complementary optional caldera hike from Fira to Oia
- Optional caldera cruise
- Optional wine-tasting and light lunch
- Arrival and departure transfers
ArtWalk Greece: Where In The World?
ArtWalk Greece begins in Athens and spends most of our time island hopping through the Cyclades. The Cyclades is a group of Greek islands, southeast of the mainland in the Aegean Sea. A perfect place for a walking vacation, the islands are known for their beaches, ancient sites, rugged landscapes and traditional blue-and-white stucco towns overlooking the sea.