As a tour operator, we put our travelers’ safety first. We are watching the changing situation in Europe very closely and following the advice of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This Coronavirus FAQ has been assembled to answer your travel questions in this uncertain time. If after reading you still have questions, please contact us.
Last revised on May 30, 2020
Where can I get trustworthy information about Coronavirus?
Are Blue Walk tours still operating?
The Blue Walk is cancelling all tours with departures up to September 26. Because of the additional logistics of our ArtWalk workshops, all* our fall 2020 art programs will be rescheduled to 2021. (*This is with the exception of ArtWalk Greece which is still scheduled to depart October 6). We are contacting guests directly if any changes need to be made. To offer additional transfer options, we are working on finalizing a revised 2021 schedule. It will be released in the next few weeks.
It is hoped conditions and travel safety will improve in the next months. As of now, we are not cancelling walking tours that depart after September 26. This may change as conditions do, or as we approach our departure dates.
The Blue Walk will continue to monitor the conditions in the US and Europe very closely. The situation is dynamic and many variables may change between now and your scheduled departure. If we cancel a tour we will provide tour participants with the opportunity to receive a fee-free transfer, a voucher credit, or a refund and voucher credit. We will contact guests directly if any changes need to be made.
Should I cancel my upcoming tour scheduled after September 26
At this time, the decision is ultimately yours. We understand that every traveler needs to decide for themselves how comfortable they are with the risk. Fee-free transfers or voucher credits for the 2021/22 season are available to you. When the situation improves, and it’s safe to travel, we still want to travel with you.
It is natural to have apprehensions for upcoming travel. In response to this we have revised our Terms and Conditions. Firstly, we are offering fee-free transfers to or issuing credit vouchers for future tours. Secondly, final payments will be delayed to 90 days prior to departure. This will allow more “wait-and-see” time to decide about travel plans. Thirdly, we are finalizing our 2021 offerings to provide an array of transfer options. All our fall 2020 guests will have the opportunity to transfer without fees to a 2021 or 2022 tour.
My tour is still departing as scheduled, but I’ve decided to cancel or transfer to another tour. What are my options?
Presently, it is everyone’s hope this crisis may ebb in a few months. Given the uncertainty of the current situation, we have revised our standard Terms and Conditions for remaining 2020 and all 2021 bookings. Because of this, if you are booked on a tour that departs after September 26 our new standard cancellation policy will apply. The policy may change as conditions do or as we approach the departure date. We have altered our standard payment policy to offer fee-free transfers or a voucher for to the 2021/22 season. If you would like to cancel or transfer to another tour, please email us at email@example.com or call 551.258.3955 to discuss your options.
What if my tour goes ahead, but some sights are closed or my tour changes?
As always, our tour itineraries are subject to change — and often do so, even in the absence of major world events. If the closures become so significant that we don’t think we can give you the tour experience we promised, we’ll cancel your tour before it departs and give you the option of transferring to another tour or getting credit voucher. Otherwise, if we need to make minor adjustments to your itinerary, we’ll work with your tour group and guide to manage the situation safely, smartly and fairly.
What if the CDC changes its travel advisories in the middle of my tour?
If we are mid-tour and the CDC recommends any restrictions against travel to the country we are in, we will continue operating the tour but adapt it as needed, depending on the circumstances. (For example, we will reroute a tour if it is scheduled to go through an area that is quarantined.) We will assist guests who wish to leave mid-tour, but we will not cancel a tour during its operation except in the most severe circumstances.
What if someone on my tour gets sick, or is diagnosed with the coronavirus?
If a tour guest is diagnosed with the coronavirus, our tour will follow all directives from the local authorities. This may include a quarantine.
If a tour guest shows the symptoms of the coronavirus, the tour guide will put them in touch with a local health provider to be screened.
What if we are quarantined in the middle of my tour?
We will work with your tour guide, the hotel, and the local authorities to mitigate the situation as best we can. This situation is unprecedented and we can’t predict how events will unfold, but we always operate in the best interests of our tour guests.