Blue Walk France Walking Tour VacationExperience the French Riviera by foot and by rail: Explore Nice, Villefranche-Sur-Mer, Menton, Antibes, and more...
September 18-24 SOLD OUT WAITING LIST AVAILABLE
Dates: June 5-11
Cost: from $2350*
Single Supplement: $550*
Duration: 6 nights
Maximum Guests: 12
Program subject to change
Based on double occupancy
Solo Traveler Roomshares
All prices are in U.S. dollars
* 2023 pricing not yet finalized. Rates may increase by no more than 10%.
What do you want your vacation to be?
Imagine coming home from your vacation feeling lighter, more energized, stronger, relaxed, and on top of the world. Isn’t that what vacations are supposed to do? They can. Experience The Blue Walk France walking tour, guided small-group vacations along the French Riviera.
Hiking boots or backpacks are always optional, never required. Our exclusive morning customized itineraries of seaside walking trails and urban sidewalk strolls bring you to the Mediterranean’s best-loved towns around lunchtime. On our morning walks explore Nice, Cannes, Menton and Antibes. You have the Riviera as your playground each afternoon. It’s a beautiful, fun, feel-good vacation.
The scope of Blue Walk France walking tour extends along the beautiful French Mediterranean coastline, from Menton and the Italian border on the east, to Cannes on the west. We cover several sections by foot, hugging the coast, wandering through the best-loved cities and villages of the Riviera. We include as many sentiers, or walking trails, as possible. Typical walking days average between 2-4 hours of walking including stops and breaks.
There are convenient train and bus stops scattered along our route allowing us to customize your day for shorter or longer walks. Our Blue Walk France walking tour program includes a one-week unlimited use train pass for our entire route. You can hop on and off whenever, and wherever you like.
Guided walks are in the mornings, leaving after breakfast and arriving at our destinations between lunchtime and mid-afternoon. Most afternoons are free to explore at your leisure. Travel at the speed of you. This is the European vacation you’ve been looking for.
Sample Walking Itinerary Highlights & Options
All our Blue Walk France walking tours feature a variety of routes which can be shortened or extended depending upon each traveler’s interest. France has the most walking of any of our tours and guests should plan to walk at least an hour a day. Walking on the coastal paths and strolling through beach-side promenades is a great way to enjoy long leisurely conversations, rub elbows with local residents, or just quietly enjoy the beauty of the Riviera.
- Day 1: Arrival Day. We’ll have an orientation meeting in the afternoon to learn about the program, get acquainted, and then head out for a guided walk around Nice of the lively pedestrian areas and Place Massena, and learn our way around.
- Day 2: The first day of your France walking tour will begin along the famous Promenade des Anglais. Then take in the colors and scents of the Cours Saleya Flower Market. Walk past Nice’s Old Harbor, along the coast, and finally arrive in the beautiful harbor town of Villefranche-Sur-Mer. Evening: Welcome dinner and a stroll to Nice’s Old Town for a gelato.
- Day 3: We’ll stroll from Villefranche-sur-Mer to Cap Ferrat to walk its gorgeous sentiers. Then we finish with a cool drink in the harbor of St. Jean and an optional visit to the Rothschild Villa & Gardens. This is truly a spectacular day.
- Day 4: Beginning with a train to Roquebrune/Cap Martin to walk the coastal sentier, visit the old town of Menton, options are easy walk to the Italian Border, and /visit the Principality of Monaco. (Three countries in one day!)
- Day 5: Visit to Antibes old town, its Marche Provencal, the ramparts (and walk the wall!) Afternoon free for several great options: self-guided sentier walk, visit to the Picasso Museum, hilltop artist villages of Eze or St. Paul de Vence, Grasse, etc.
- Day 6: We begin with the train to Cannes to meander the pedestrian street of Rue Meynadier, then we can shop for picnic supplies at the great covered market of Marche Forville, see the harbor and the Palais des Festivals, and then hop a ferry to Ile St. Honorat to walk the island’s trail. We’ll pass vineyards, pine, and eucalyptus, visit the Monasteries and have a typical picnic lunch. Ferry trip included.
- Day 7: Last breakfast at the hotel, departure day . If you’re extending your stay, your rail pass will still be valid this day.
The Blue Walk France: What’s Included?
- Six nights at our centrally located 4-star hotel in Nice, minutes to the beach
- Full hot & cold buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome dinner
- One-week unlimited use TER regional train pass along our route
- Orientation meeting and walk in Nice
- Visit to Cours Saleya flower market
- Visit to Antibes’ Marche Provencal
- Half-day guided walks along the coastline and towns of the Cote d’Azur
- Ferry trip to the Lerin Islands
- Farewell dinner
- All maps, train schedules, and daily customized itineraries
- Your English speaking guide
- All hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Onward travel not included
Choose Your Walking or Art Vacation
To learn more about The Blue Walk difference please read our About The Blue Walk page.
Art Vacations & Retreats