Rates & Dates
September 22-28, 2019 (6 nights)
Guaranteed departures. Maximum 14 guests. Program subject to change. Based on double occupancy, land only.
Single supplement $545
All prices are in US dollars
Bold Betties Women’s Walking Vacation
French Riviera Nice, Cannes, Menton, Antibes
“Boldness is a muscle that you have to keep flexing.”
-Niki Doubourlis, CEO and Founder of Bold Betties
By popular demand…the Blue Walk invites our female travelers to join us for a women’s walking vacation on the beautiful French Riviera! We are partnering with our friends at Bold Betties to bring you a special Blue Walk France tour. For your comfort and camaraderie, additional meals, group activities, and an arrival transfer from the airport have been added to our standard French Riviera itinerary. Think of it as a fun, active, soft-adventure European vacation with a small group of like-minded women.
Imagine coming home from your vacation feeling lighter, more energized, stronger, relaxed, and on top of the world. Isn’t that what vacations are supposed to do? They can.
What to Expect
The scope of our walks extends along the stunning French Mediterranean coastline, from the Italian border on the east, to Cannes on the west. We cover several sections by foot, hugging the coast, wandering through the best-loved cities and villages of the Riviera. As many sentiers (walking trails) as possible are included.
How do we get around?
Typical walking days average between 2-3 hours of walking including stops and breaks. Between walking and sightseeing, you may walk between 7-10 miles per day with our guided itinerary. But your mileage may vary! There are convenient train and bus stops scattered along our route allowing us to customize your day for shorter or longer walks.
Our program includes a one-week unlimited use train pass for our entire route so you can hop on and off whenever, and wherever you like. Learn to ride France’s trains like a local! Guided walks are in the mornings, leaving after breakfast and arriving at our destinations around lunchtime. Most afternoons are free to explore at your leisure.
Sample Walking Itinerary Highlights & Options
All our tours feature a variety of routes which can be shortened or extended depending upon each traveler’s interest. France has the most walking of any of our tours and guests should plan to walk at least an hour a day not included sightseeing in your free time. Walking on the coastal paths and strolling through quiet promenades is a great way to enjoy long leisurely conversations, rub elbows with local residents, or just quietly enjoy the beauty of the Riviera.
- Day 1: Arrival Day. You will be met at the airport and brought to our centrally located hotel in Nice. We’ll have an orientation meeting in the afternoon to learn about the program, get acquainted, and then head out for a guided orientation walk. You’ll learn your neighborhood for the week, see the lively pedestrian areas, and beautiful Place Massena – Nice’s main square. Artisan gelato at will be a sweet welcoming treat.
- Day 2: We begin along the famous Promenade des Anglais and stroll the famous Cours Saleya Flower Market. We will stop for a local snack in Nice’s Old Harbor and end in the beautiful harbor town of Villefranche-Sur-Mer. Evening: Welcome dinner.
- Day 3: We’ll stroll from Beaulieu-sur-Mer along the groomed sentier to the harbor of St. Jean. From there we will round the peninsula of Cap Ferrat and walk its gorgeous sentiers. The remainder of the day has a plethora of great choices. Visiting the stunning Rothschild Villa & Gardens is a great option. The nearby village of Eze provides views of the entire coast from it’s hilltop vantage. You may follow your guide back to Nice after lunch. This is just to name a few. This is truly a spectacular day.
- Day 4: Beginning with a train to Roquebrune/Cap Martin we walk the coastal sentier and end strolling into the old town of Menton along it’s seaside promenade. We will enjoy lunch together in one of it’s pastel hued piazze. Options include an easy walk to the Italian Border and/or stopping by Monaco on your way back to Nice. (Three countries in one day!)
- Day 5: Visit to Antibes harbor, old town, and its Marche Provencal . We will walk the ramparts and then onto the sentier walk of Cap Antibes ending in Juan les Pin. Afternoon free for several great options: explore the resort town of Juan les Pin, return to Antibes to visit to the Picasso Museum, visit the hilltop artist village of St. Paul de Vence or Grasse, etc. Feeling daring? Maybe a visit to the Absinthe museum for a traditional dose of the mystic beverage will spur your creative side. Group dinner that night.
- Day 6: We begin with the train to Cannes to meander the pedestrian street of Rue Meynadier. Then we shop for picnic supplies at the great covered market of Marche Forville. We will see the Cannes harbor as we hop a ferry to Ile St. Honorat to walk the island’s trail. We’ll pass vineyards, pine, and eucalyptus, visit the monastery and have a typical picnic lunch. Ferry trip and lunch included. We will end the day with an optional aperitivo.
- Day 7: Last breakfast at the hotel, departure day . If you’re extending your stay, your rail pass will still be valid this day.
- Six nights at our centrally located 4-star hotel in Nice, minutes to the beach
- Full hot & cold buffet breakfast daily
- 2 dinners
- 2 lunches
- 1 aperitivo
- Welcome gelato
- Socca snack
- Transfer from Nice Airport to hotel on start day
- One-week unlimited use TER regional train pass along our route
- Orientation meeting and walk in Nice
- Visit to Cours Saleya flower market
- Visit to Antibes’ Marche Provencal
- Half-day guided walks along the coastline and towns of the Cote d’Azur
- Ferry trip to the Lerin Islands
- All maps, train schedules, and daily customized itineraries
- Your English speaking guide
- All hotel taxes, fees & service charges
Why we are unique
The Blue Walk is not a typical tour. We don’t emphasize the history and architecture one normally associates with traditional tours. That isn’t our passion. The serene surroundings of open sky and tranquil blue waters are. Our soft-adventure excursions offer active daily itineraries walking along beautiful coastal routes in a friendly and welcoming environment.
No hiking boots or backpacks required. Our exclusive morning customized itineraries of seaside walking trails and urban sidewalk strolls bring you to the Mediterranean’s best-loved towns around lunchtime. Discover Nice, Cannes, Menton, Cap Ferrat, and Antibes. You have the Riviera as your playground each afternoon. A beautiful, fun, feel-good vacation.
Where in the World?
The Blue Walk France walking tour vacation is a perfect holiday spent taking in the best of the French Riviera. Famous for it’s perfect weather and seaside lifestyle, the region has long been a favorite European vacation destination for the rich and famous. Our small group walking tours take advantage of the little traveled sentiers, or walking paths, that runs along the coast. We will focus on the very best of the area as we explore between Cannes to the west and Menton on the Italian boarder to the east