Rates & Dates
April 21 – May 3, 2020 from $2995 per person
October 6-18, 2020 from $2995 per person
Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini
Program subject to change
All prices are in U.S. dollars
Blue Walk Greece Walking Tour
2019: Athens – Amorgos – Naxos – Santorini (12 Nights)
Explore the Greek Islands!
Our Blue Walk Greece walking tour vacation, mentioned in the Los Angeles Times Travel section, is a perfect blend of the famous, and the undiscovered. We invite you to join us for our first night in Athens with its vibrant city and ancient history. Then unwind for six nights in Amorgos, a remote and little-known gem of an island. Get you feet in the sand or wander quiet country lanes with two nights to explore Naxos. Walk it’s charming old town, inland villages, and sprawling, white-sand beaches. Finally, conclude your vacation on dazzling Santorini with its cliff-topped villages above the Aegean, copious shopping, and iconic views
Amorgos is covered with view-filled hiking trails, charming little villages with winding old towns, and un-crowded beaches. Little visited, it is full of interesting places to see and a rich history: Ancient Greece had three oracles. The most famous is in Delphi, but the second was found here on Amorgos! Visit a breathtaking monastery built into the side of a cliff centuries ago. A small herbal distillery produces essential oils from plants harvested on the island. Discover this magical island with us before everyone else does!
Highlights (What’s Included)
Your Blue Walk Greece Walking Tour Vacation:
- Friendly and fun, fourteen (14) guest maximum, small-group tours
- Itineraries exclusive to The Blue Walk Greece walking tours
- Carefully selected hotels
- All ferries between the islands
- Transfers to and from all ferries
- Hearty buffet breakfasts daily
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Optional guided morning walks
- Fully escorted and hosted throughout
- All hotel taxes and service fees included
- Suitable for all fitness levels – morning guided walks are included, but optional
- Onward travel not included
Athens (1 night):
- One night at our wonderful 4-star hotel in Syntagma Square, in the heart of the city
- Orientation walk through Athens’ famous Plaka and Monastiraki areas
- Morning guided walk by the Acropolis
- Optional guided tour of the Acropolis
- Visit the Changing of the Guards
Amorgos (6 nights):
- 6 nights at our 5-star spa hotel, all rooms with private balconies and sea views
- Incredibly peaceful, relaxing island
- Welcome dinner
- Family-owned hotel restaurant features organic produce from their gardens
- Visit an essential oil distillery where all herbs are harvested on the island
- Full program of beautiful island touring including transportation
- Morning seaside guided walks
- Optional hiking on Amorgos’ extensive network of marked hiking trails
- Visit to the cliff-side monastery
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full range of spa amenities included
Naxos (2 nights):
- Visit to Apollo’s Gate
- Optional visit to the kitron distillery in Chalki
- Optional guided walk in Chalki
- Outdoor pool, and hotel is right by a beautiful beach.
- Morning guided coastal walks
Santorini (3 nights)
- Three nights at our favorite central hotel in Santorini
- Orientation and daily walks to discover the island’s hidden gems and spectacular views
- Bus trip to Akrotiri
- Optional guided tour of Akrotiri
- Optional walk to Oia
- Farewell dinner at family run trattoria
- Optional caldera sailing tour
- Arrival and departure transfers
What to Expect
Athens (1 night)
The Blue Walk Greece walking tour vacation begins in Athens with a walk through the famous Plaka and Monastiraki areas. As evening falls we will watch the Acropolis light up from a nearby rooftop bar and enjoy a welcome beverage. Next day, there is free time to visit the Acropolis (with an the option to have an expert guide) and explore this historic, exciting city. Join us for a morning guided walk, see the changing of the guards, and transfer to Piraeus for our first ferry.
Amorgos (6 nights)
Upon arrival in Amorgos, we’re transferred to our lovely 5-star Resort Hotel and Spa for days of luxurious relaxation. Your room, with private balcony overlooking the Aegean Sea and harbor, awaits. Amorgos is a lesser-developed island perfect for a walking tour with beautiful little towns spilling down the mountains, and an 11th century monastery. Resort amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and fitness center (all complimentary). As a vacation indulgence, treat yourself to the full range of spa services and treatments at the award winning spa.
Join us for simple morning walks and daily touring of Amorgos highlights including Chora, Lagada, Tholaria and Aegiali. Afternoons are free to wander the towns, swim or lay out at the beach. At the resort relax with a cool drink on your room’s ocean-view balcony, meet up for a drink on the pool-side terrace, or enjoy the hotel’s full range of group classes and spa services. For those who like to hike, Amorgos is the hiking island of Greece, criss-crossed with marked trails. We can provide maps for self-guided hikes, or you can hire the hotel’s local hiking guide to escort you.
Naxos (2 nights)
After Amorgos, we catch a ferry to Naxos for two nights at our beautiful hotel by the beach. We’ll enjoy morning coastal walks, visit the ancient Apollo’s Gate, and have time to wander it’s old town and harbor filled with shops and restaurants. Naxos is the greenest island in the Cyclades with impressively high mountains and fertile valleys. Here there are beaches that are among the most beautiful in Greece.
An optional activity is to visit the charming inland village of Chalki. Formerly the capital of the island, it hosts wonderful artisan shops and a kitron distillery (if you’d like to try the local spirit). From Chalki there are wonderful countryside walks along cobbled lanes and stacked-stone walls, through ancient olive orchards and verdant open fields.
Santorini (3 nights)
If your vision of Greece includes whitewashed buildings adorned with graceful blue domes, nestled atop sheer cliffs, and overlooking the bluest blue of the Aegean – you have dreamed of Santorini. Famous for remarkable views, sunsets over its flooded caldera, and world class restaurants and galleries, Santorini has a unique and stunning beauty.
On our Greece walking tour we will explore the cities of Fira, Firostefani, and Imerovigli, and for the ambitious, we’ll traverse the island’s caldera ridge to the charming village of Oia. On another day we’ll tour the fascinating Minoan site of Akrotiri, an ancient city frozen in time by one of the largest volcanic eruptions in history. It is one of the most important archaeological sites in Greece. See the island from a new point of view from our private catamaran. The optional cruise through the caldera by sea a vacation highlight for many guests.
Finally, it will be time to say goodbye. We will gather for our farewell dinner in a trattoria that has been handed down through generations of family. As we recall the best moments of our two-week Greece walking tour we will toast to safe travels and adventures to come. The final day is departures.
Our Greece walking tour ends in Santorini. Onward travel is not included.
Where In The World?
Blue Walk Greece begins in Athens and spends most of our time island hopping through the Cyclades. The Cyclades is a group of Greek islands, southeast of the mainland in the Aegean Sea. A perfect place for a walking vacation, the islands are known for their beaches, ancient sites, rugged landscapes and traditional blue-and-white stucco towns overlooking the sea.