Terms and Conditions for Vacation Packages
This document (Terms and Conditions) outlines what is provided when you sign up for a Blue Walk vacation, Art Walk vacation, Private vacation, extension, and all other tours promoted; what you agree to do while on tour with TBW; and the extent of TBW liability. By signing up for a tour with TBW you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. Therefore, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you finalize your reservation. Terms and Conditions are updated from time to time. We recommend you print out your current version when making your reservation.Tour price guarantee: Our tour prices do not include airfare. All prices are subject to change without notice due to the unpredictability of currency rates and trip costs. However, your price for the tour you’ve selected will be locked and guaranteed the moment we receive your final payment. This protects you from any increases due to currency fluctuation. For current tour prices, visit your tour page at thebluewalk.com.Included in the price of your vacation: Sightseeing and orientation tours by a TBW guide, and local guides when appropriate, including admissions to sights seen as a group; an aperitivo or similar, all breakfasts, welcome and farewell dinners (as determined by TBW); accommodations each night, often in family-run hotels in the historic heart of each city; all transportation from the first hotel to the last hotel of the tour (does not include optional activities or independent travel during the tour); all local guides, driver, and program meal tips; and a welcome gift.Not Included in price of your vacation: Flights, baggage fees, airport transfers, meals not mentioned in tour description, drinks, optional excursions, porterage of luggage (see below), Travel Protection insurance, items of a personal nature, and any items not specifically mentioned as included on our programs.Porterage of Luggage: Luggage handling is not included. Other than our France programs (where we don’t switch hotels), we do recommend you pack light. Chiefly because you will be responsible for carrying your own luggage on and off any combination of trains, ferries, and public transportation. Accordingly, please limit your bags to what you can comfortably manage by yourself.Itineraries / Programs are subject to change: Travel is full of possibility. That can also mean surprises. Consequently, we need to be flexible enough to take advantage of whatever comes along so we may provide you with the best possible tour. All components of our tours including but not limited to specific hotels, tours, or visits mentioned; specific guides, art instructors and/or special guests mentioned; or any other inclusion intended to be used on our trips; are subject to change for any reason. Uncompleted portions of the tour itinerary are not cause for refund.Tour payments: To reserve a place on a TBW tour you must agree to these Terms and Conditions and provide us with a deposit of $500 per person for our walking vacations or $750 per person for our art vacations. We accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express for all tour payments. We also accept personal checks, bank drafts or money orders in US dollars drawn on a US bank. Your final tour payment is due in our office at least 90 days prior to the start of the tour. Your final payment due date will be listed on your tour invoice. Missing the final payment deadline may result in your being removed from the tour. If you sign up for a tour less than 90 days before its departure, the entire tour price must be paid and is non-refundable.Tour and Invoice Confirmation: Please review and verify your invoice thoroughly and contact your Travel Agent or TBW immediately if your invoice appears to be incorrect or incomplete. TBW cannot accept responsibility if we are not notified of inaccuracies within five days of sending out the invoice. In the case of billing errors, TBW reserves the right to re-invoice you with correct pricing. Signing the reservation request form and payment of your deposit indicates you have read, understood, and accepted these Terms and Conditions. A reservation request is not complete and bookings are not confirmed until:
- A completed and signed hard copy or online reservation request form stating understanding and acceptance of these terms and conditions has been received.
- A payment has been received and deposited.
- You have received confirmation letters of the deposit and reservation.
- More than 90 days prior to arrival: all non-refundable deposits may be returned. Deposits can be transferred to another tour or a travel credit for the deposit deposit amount will be issued (see Transferring to another tour above)
- 90-61 days prior to arrival: 75% cancellation fee applies (up to 25% of tour cost is returned)
- 60-0 days prior to arrival: 100% cancellation fee applies
- Carry or roll your own luggage for up to 15 minutes over uneven pavement. In rare cases haul your luggage up a few steps or as much as one flight of stairs.
- Be comfortable on your feet with one-hour to half-day walking tours on uneven cobbled streets and rustic, dusty paths, climbing lots of stairs, hopping on and off public transportation, plus walking outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Sleep in hotels with inadequate air conditioning, possible street noise, and slow Wi-Fi connections or Wi-Fi only in common areas.
- After orientation and transportation lessons, be able to navigate towns and cities on your own.
- Our tour guides cannot provide assistance for any of these activities! Trip participants requiring help must be accompanied by an able companion who can be entirely responsible for providing the assistance. (If you have concerns about the physical demands of our tours, please call us!)
- Study and understand the trip conditions as described by the trip itinerary and tour page at thebluewalk.com.
- Know your own physical, emotional, and medical condition with respect to the advisability of participating in your chosen trip.
- Bring appropriate and adequate clothing, equipment, medications, and first aid supplies.