Jeannette and Suzy set a new high standard of travel. I joined an ArtWalk Greece with 3 girlfriends. We left Greece with a whole new appreciation of seeing the world by traveling “at the speed of you.” They are fabulous tour leaders. They have a depth of knowledge of the local towns and sites that I have never before experienced. We always felt so well taken care of. We did a lot of walking and art-making. I am looking forward to another Blue Walk in the future!
Travel Journal Art Vacations
Create an Experience to Remember
You’ve daydreamed of this: a vacation with time each day to simply create. The destinations are beautiful. The accommodations are welcoming. All the details are taken care of. In the company of like-minded travelers you savor the wonder of the present moment. And you capture it all through your art.
Our Art Walk art vacations are the perfect tours for artists of all levels. Talented and engaging teachers offer daily classes inspired by stunning locations. Equal parts journey and learning, our art vacations are based on a travel journal format. We mostly working on site. Some programs have studio time at our hotels. Sketchbook, watercolor, collage, multimedia, and photography workshops are all represented in our schedule.
Solo travelers love the easy camaraderie our tours provide. First time European travelers and budding artists love the safe, supportive, and welcoming atmosphere.
Travel at the speed of you.
Come walk with us.
Stretch your legs and expand your experience.
Return home inspired, renewed, and feeling better than ever.
Keeping an illustrated travel journal enhances your trip and opens your mind. Everything around me is fresh and beautiful because I’m drawing it, seeing it truly for the first time.
Once you return from your trip, your mind remains full of wonder. A quick flip through your journal’s pages keeps those memories alive.
Explore Our Art Workshops & Retreats
The focus is on flowers on this sketchbook and watercolor workshop in Santa Barbara, CA. Join teachers Pam Garrison and Courtney Cerruti of CreativeBug.com.
June 21-27, 2021 join Jennifer Orkin Lewis for a sketchbook art vacation in France. Play on the French Riviera!
September 20-30, 2021 Mary Beth Shaw invites you to this very special mixed media, art journal workshop in Italy. Visit Northern Italy’s most loved destinations and lesser-known treasures.
March 7-13, 2021 Kath Macaulay teaches her pocket sketchbook and watercolor workshop in Santa Barbara, CA.
March 14-20, 2021 join Mary Beth Shaw for a mixed media workshop in Santa Barbara, California
April 13-25, 2021 12-day travel photography workshop in Greece with Jeff Hirsch. From Athens, island hop to Amorgos, Naxos, and Santorini.
Join Lorraine Bell for her travel journal sketching and watercolor workshop on the French Riviera in June 2022.
Create keepsake travel journals with Kat Kirby in Nice, France September 2021
Join Sketchbook Skool’s Koosje Koene October 5-17, 2021 on an island hopping adventure capturing the magic of the Greece in your sketchbook travel journal.
Paint the American Riviera with Jane LaFazio in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA March 21-27, 2021. An Art Walk workshop filled with laughter, fun, and good company.
Experience the immersive beauty of Northern Italy with teaching artist Angela Fehr. Join us on her watercolor sketchbook vacation in northern Italy October 18-25, 2021. Starting in Milan travel to the Italian Riviera and Lake Como.
Art Vacations Schedule
This is a list of our public art vacations. The Blue Walk offers private and custom small group tours in addition to our advertised tours.
There is a separate Blue Walk schedule for our walking vacations.
2021 Art Walk Vacations
Art Vacations and Workshops
- March 7-13: Mixed media travel journal workshop in Santa Barbara, CA with Kath Macaulay from $3150 (6 nights)
- March 14-20: Mixed media travel journal workshop in Santa Barbara, CA with Mary Beth Shaw from $3150 (6 nights)
- March 21-27: Sketchbook vacation in Santa Barbara, CA with Jane LaFazio from $3150 SOLD OUT, WAITING LIST AVAILABLE
- March 28-April 3: Multimedia workshop in Santa Barbara, CA with Pam Garrison and Courtney Cerruti from $3250 (6 nights)
- April 13-25: Travel photography workshop in Greece with Jeff Hirsch from $4195 (12 nights)
- June 21-27: Sketchbook art vacation on the French Riviera with Jennifer Orkin Lewis from $3195 (6 nights)
- September 12-18: Mixed media travel journal workshop on the French Riviera with Kat Kirby from $3195 (6 nights)
- September 20-30: Mixed media travel journal vacation in Italy with Mary Beth Shaw from $4295 (10 nights)
- October 5-17: Sketchbook vacation Art in Greece with Koosje Koene from $3995 (12 nights)
- October 18-25: Sketchbook art vacation in Italy with Angela Fehr from $3350 (7 nights)
2022 Art Walks
Art Vacations and Workshops
- April 26-May 3: Mixed media travel journal vacation in Paris, France with Pam Garrison and Courtney Cerruti from $3795 (6 nights)
- May 30 - June 5: Sketchbook and watercolor travel journal workshop with Lorraine Bell from $3295 (6 nights)
MORE DATES COMING SOON!!
Book a Private Walking or Art Vacation
Travel with your own tribe! Friends, family or colleagues with groups from 8-20 can reserve private tours. Special pricing or tour leader rates availble. We will work with you to reserve the best itinerary and dates for your own amazing tour.