Jeannette and Suzy set a new high standard of travel. I joined an ArtWalk Greece with 3 girlfriends. We left Greece with a whole new appreciation of seeing the world by traveling “at the speed of you.” They are fabulous tour leaders. They have a depth of knowledge of the local towns and sites that I have never before experienced. We always felt so well taken care of. We did a lot of walking and art-making. I am looking forward to another Blue Walk in the future!
Travel Journal Art Vacations
Create an Experience to Remember
You’ve daydreamed of this: a vacation with time each day to simply create. The destinations are beautiful. The accommodations are welcoming. All the details are taken care of. In the company of like-minded travelers you savor the wonder of the present moment. And you capture it all through your art.
Our Art Walk art vacations are the perfect tours for artists of all levels. Talented and engaging teachers offer daily classes inspired by stunning locations. Equal parts journey and learning, our art vacations are based on a travel journal format. We mostly working on site. Some programs have studio time at our hotels. Sketchbook, watercolor, collage, multimedia, and photography workshops are all represented in our schedule.
Solo travelers love the easy camaraderie our tours provide. First time European travelers and budding artists love the safe, supportive, and welcoming atmosphere.
Travel at the speed of you.
Come walk with us.
Stretch your legs and expand your experience.
Return home inspired, renewed, and feeling better than ever.
Keeping an illustrated travel journal enhances your trip and opens your mind. Everything around me is fresh and beautiful because I’m drawing it, seeing it truly for the first time.
Once you return from your trip, your mind remains full of wonder. A quick flip through your journal’s pages keeps those memories alive.
Explore Our Art Workshops & Retreats
Oct 21-27, 2024 Anne Leuck teaches her art workshop in Venice, Padua and Parma, Italy. See Venice like a local! Taste the best of Parma!
Sep 16-23, 2024 join Betsy Beier’s art journal workshop in Paris, France. Fill your sketchbook as we walk the neighborhoods of Paris!
Sep 24-Oct 6, 2024 join Koosje Koene’s island-hopping sketchbook journal vacation in Greece.
Join teaching artist Tiffany Goff-Smith for a mixed media art workshop in France. Spend a week traveling, collecting, and making memories.
Join teaching artist Julie Snidle in April 2024 for a mixed media art retreat on the serene Lake Como, Italy.
Join artist Mary Beth Shaw for a mixed media art workshop in Spain September 2024. Get inspired and renewed in Barcelona and Costa Brava.
Join Jill Badonsky for an art and creativity workshop on the Italian Riviera in October 2024. Write, paint, and sketch for an inspired week.
Ohn Mar Win teaches a 7-night watercolor sketchbook art workshop in Italy. We will tour the Italian Riviera and stunning Lake Como. Join us October 2024.
Join Tammy Gilley for a mixed media art workshop in Nice, France June 2-8, 2024. Follow in the footsteps of the Matisse, Monet, and Van Gogh.
Join Mary Beth Shaw on her mixed media art workshop in Switzerland June 2024.
Join Angela Fehr May 2024 for her watercolor workshop in Greece. Capture the adventure in your plein air watercolor journal.
Karen Stamper teaches a 7-night collage travel journal workshop in Italy. We will tour Milan, the Italian Riviera, and stunning Lake Como. Join us April 14-21, 2024.
Draw your travels with teaching artist Anne Leuck on her sketchbook art journal vacation, October 23-29, 2023. Join us!
Art Vacations Schedule
This is a list of our public art vacations. The Blue Walk offers private and custom small group tours in addition to our advertised tours.
There is a separate Blue Walk schedule for our walking vacations.
2023 Art Vacation Workshops
- October 23-29: Sketchbook journal workshop with Anne Leuck on the French Riviera from (6 nights) $3295 SOLD OUT (waiting list)
2024 Art Vacation Workshops
- March 31-April 7: Mixed media with Tiffany Goff- Smith on the French Riviera (7 nights) from $3695
- April 8-15: Mixed media with Julie Snidle on Lake Como, Italy (6 nights) from $3395 SOLD OUT (waiting list available)
- April 14-21: Collage journal with Karen Stamper on the Italian Riviera and Lake Como, Italy (7 nights) from $3795
- May 14-26: Watercolor with Angela Fehr in Greece (12 nights) from $4595 SOLD OUT
- Jun 2-8: Mixed media with Tammy Gilley on the French Riviera (6 nights) from $3495
- Jun 9-16: Mixed media with Mary Beth Shaw in Switzerland (7 nights) from $4845 SOLD OUT (waiting list available)
- September 7-14: Mixed media with Mary Beth Shaw in Spain (7 nights) from $3695 SOLD OUT (waiting list available)
- September 16-23: Sketchbook journal with Betsy Beier in Paris, France (7 nights) from $4295
- September 24-October 6: Sketchbook journal with Koosje Koene in Greece (12 nights)
- October 7-14: Sketchbook journal with Ohn Mar Win on the Italian Riviera and Lake Como (7 nights) from $3795
- October 14-20: Art and Creativity workshop with Jill Badonsky on the Italian Riviera (6 nights) from $3595
- October 21-27: Sketchbook journal with Anne Leuck in Venice and Parma, Italy (6 nights) from ($3745)
Book a Private Walking Tour or Art Vacation
Travel with your own tribe! Friends, family or colleagues with groups from 8-20 can reserve private tours. Special pricing or tour leader rates availble. We will work with you to reserve the best itinerary and dates for your own amazing tour.